If you live in a region that has frequent or occasionally severe snowfall, you appreciate how the heavy weight of snow can affect your roof. This problem is even more of an issue when the snow remains for weeks at a time. So, how do you get that snow off your roof? Besides hiring an outside company to do the job every time it snows, you can invest in a roof snow removal tool. Here is a list of the seven best roof snow removal tools in order of price, beginning with the most affordable.
1: Ohuhu 21′ Twist-n-Lock Telescoping Snow Shovel Roof Rake Snow Blower Pusher Roof Rake
The least expensive in the list of roof snow removal tool choices is the Ohuhu 21′ Twist-n-Lock Telescoping Snow Shovel Roof Rake. It has a fully extended reach potential of up to 21 feet.
- The twist-n-lock feature allows you to quickly adjust the length of the pole.
- The blade rake is 6 inches wide and 25 inches lengthwise to remove a substantial amount of snow, or even leaves in one swipe.
- It is an extra lightweight model, weighing less than 5 pounds total. You’ll be able to work longer without your arms tiring out from a heavy extension pole.
- Reviews indicate the quality is a little on the flimsy side. This presented problems for thicker or wet, heavy snow removal.
- The construction of the wheels and connections do not hold up to heavy amounts of snow. The quality was not recommended for regions with intense snowfall amounts.
Price: $19.99 + Free Shipping (Sale Price on Amazon).
2: Snow Joe RJ204M 21′ Twist-n-Lock Telescoping Snow Shovel Roof Rake with 6″ by 25″ Poly Blade
The next best roof snow removal tool in order of affordability is the Snow Joe RJ204M 21′ Twist-n-Lock Telescoping Snow Shovel Roof Rake. This product is very similar to the Ohuhu model, but the manufacturer employed a little sturdier material in production.
- The blade measures the same as the Ohuhu, listed as oversized, but is noticeably stiffer. This will allow you to push a heavier and deeper volume of snow off your roof.
- The telescoping lock system is easy to adjust and tightens down more securely than comparably priced models.
- The Snow Joe RJ204M also weighs less than 5 pounds, plus has a sturdier grip at the end of the extension pole.
- The construction material was slightly improved over the previous model but still reported as flimsy when addressing heavier snowfall.
- The twist-n-lock mechanism was sturdier, but not as easy to unlock for quicker extension of the pole.
Price: $26.84 + Free Shipping (Sale Price on Amazon).
3: True Temper 17-Feet Telescoping Snow Roof Rake – 193055510
True Temper has an excellent name for quality lawn and property care equipment. The True Temper 17-Feet Telescoping Snow Roof Rake continues that reputation. This roof snow removal tool design has unique push-button telescoping handle for even faster extension and retraction.
- The push-button telescope lock means you do not have to take your hands off the handle to release the telescoping mechanism.
- This rake end has an added wear strip to improve the durability of the rake head.
- True Temper added a non-slip treatment to the handle to provide you with a firm grip and more leverage for heavier snowfalls.
- Only extends to 17 feet, so it is not quite long enough to reach the peaks on second story roofs.
- The fiberglass handle is durable, but some reviews indicate it did not have the same longevity in frigid climates as the aluminum handles.
Price: $47.96 + Free Shipping (Sale Price on Amazon).
4: Garelick 89521 21-Foot Aluminum Snow Trap Roof Rake With 7-Inch by 24-Inch Blade
Like many of the companies that manufacture roof snow removal tool models, Garelick offers different choices. The Garelick 89521 21-Foot Aluminum Snow Trap Roof Rake is one of the most popular of all the roof snow removal tool alternatives available.
- This design uses an extra strong aluminum roof rake end that handles the heaviest snow.
- The blade is an extra inch wide for deeper snow and uses two small rollers, patented as the “Shingle Savers”, to prevent shingle damage.
- The handle has 4 sections that snap together, providing a strong and sturdy pole at each length.
- The individual handles limit the precise length you can extend the pole, and it loses the convenience of quick extension like those models that use the twist-n-lock mechanism.
- Even though the Shingle Saver wheel design is a nice idea, in wet, icy snow, the wheels had a tendency to freeze up.
Price: $61.93 + Free Shipping (Amazon Prime).
5: Garant GPRR24U 16 ft Poly Blade Aluminum Handle Snow Roof Rake
Garant makes a line of roof snow removal tool designs. This is their simplest model. It is a 16-foot extension pole model, Garant GPRR24U. This tool incorporates a sturdy grade aluminum handle with a remarkably strong poly blade.
- Sturdy construction with a high-grade aluminum pole. It does not bend when pulling or pushing thick, heavy snow.
- The lightweight 24-inch poly blade will not damage your roof.
- The ergonomic grip will help you pull heavier loads of snow in one tug.
- This model doesn’t use a twist-n-lock mechanism for faster extension and reduction of the pole length.
- 16-foot full length is a little short for hipped or larger roofs.
Price: $65.72 + Free Shipping (Amazon).
6: Avalanche – Original Roof Snow Removal System AVA500 with 17-Inch Wide Cutting Head and 16-Foot Quick Connect Handle
This is the first of two roof snow removal tool systems on the list. They are more costly than the standalone rake type options, but they are essential for heavier, deeper snowfall. The Avalanche – Original Roof Snow Removal System AVA500 was the first to use this design. It is more than just a rake to pull snow. It cuts under the snow blanket, building up a pile that begins to slide off your roof like a mini avalanche.
- The Avalanche AVA500 uses a patented cutter frame on the rake head. This slices through thick snow, building it into snow piles that begin to push the snow off your roof.
- It uses a snap-on coupler for easy assembly and simple, convenient storage.
- The entire system assembles without the need for any tools at all.
- If you do not have heavy snowfalls, or they are infrequent, the price of the Avalanche roof snow removal tool system is around double a standard roof snow rake.
- While the handle is lightweight fiberglass, it does not adjust easily. You must assemble 4 individual sections to make the handle extend to its maximum length.
Price: $129.36 + Free Shipping (Amazon Prime).
7: Minnsnowta Titan Roof Razor Roof Rake Snow Rake
The final roof snow removal tool on the list is the most expensive. It is also the most innovative design. As the Minnsnowta Titan Roof Razor Roof Rake name indicates, this tool is built to remove massive amounts of snow off your roof. If you live in an area with frequent and heavy snowfall amounts, this tool can handle the job.
- The roof rake is a three-foot wide razor on 2-inch wheels. It cuts through the deepest snow on your roof with ease.
- As you pull the rake forward, it takes less effort since the action of the razor creates an avalanche effect. It clears your roof in half the time.
- The Titan and Dynamo models, both reach 24 feet, which means you can remove snow on second story roofs safely.
- The Titan Roof Razor is more expensive than other roof snow removal tool alternatives.
- The design works great for heavy snow removal, but the tool itself takes up more space to store than telescopic roof snow rakes. It is also nearly 3 times as heavy.
Price: $149.48 + Shipping (Amazon).
To gauge which of these roof snow removal tool choices best suits your needs, you need to consider the amount of snowfall. If you live in a region with minimal snow, one of the less costly options will be adequate. However, if your home is covered with large amounts of deep and heavy snow on a regular basis, you should consider models on the list that, while they cost more, can handle tougher jobs.